Photograph: An artists impression of a Firecatcher F-45 (Pacific Aerospace) Country of origin: New Zealand / United Kingdom Description: Fire-bomber / light utility transport Power Plant: One Pratt & Whitney Canada PT-65F turboprop Specifications: Cruising speed: 350 km/h (220 mph) Range: 1852 km (1,151 miles) History: The Firecatcher F-45 is
This machine is basically a two-seat development of the Sadler Vampire. The aircraft was initially developed by the designers of the Vampire but was never completed when the original Australian production line closed down.
This was a single-seat, full scale replica of a Supermarine Spitfire by Mr Gerald Finch at Mareeba in Queensland. Of all metal construction, it was painted in a camouflage colour scheme and registered VH-NEY (c/n 0010708).
The Fox Brothers of St Kilda, Vic over a period of 18 months built a small biplane. This machine was flown by N Chapman on 7 May 1932 from the Dudley Street Airport (later Coode Island) and attained a height of 305 m (1,000 ft) and completed two circuits of
This was a one-off ultra-light aircraft designed and built by Rodney Flockhart. It was allotted the registration 10-3468 (c/n 1) and appeared on the RAA register from 18 December 2000 to 7 September 2005.
The Javelin was an ultralight built by Flightstar Australia Limited and a number of examples have been registered with the RAA, including 10-1303 fitted with a Rotax 447 engine registered on 5 September 1991.
David Percival Fisher was an engineer involved in early aviation experimentation in the Wellington region of New Zealand in the early 1900s, building his own design monoplane, with the help of Reginald Harry White, in 1912.
This was a one-off homebuilt gyrocopter built around the cockpit section of a Robinson R-22. The machine is fitted with a tricycle undercarriage and was fitted with a Subaru EJ25 engine driving in a pusher configuration behind the cockpit, being fitted with a three-blade Ivo 1.93 m (76-inch) propeller.
The Farman brothers, Henry and Maurice established a collaborative business to produce aircraft, although they retained their independent activities. In 1910 Maurice began experimentation with a design which lead to the Farman MF-7, an unequal-span biplane with a multiplicity of struts and bracing wires and fitted with a pusher engine,
One of the most successful military turbojet powered trainers, the Magister was produced in large numbers, some 437 being completed for the French Air Force, and it was licence built, being produced in Finland by Valmet OY (62), Israel by Israel Aircraft Industries (36), and West Germany by Flugzeug Union
The CR.42 was designed by Celestino Rosatelli and was a development of the CR.32 fighter, and the experimental CR.41 of 1936, and was the last single-seat biplane fighter built by any of the combatants for World War II.
Late in World War II the Fiat company in Italy designed the G-55 Centauro single-seat fighter powered by the Daimler Benz DB-605 12-cylinder VEE liquid-cooled engine, and this aircraft, although built in relatively small numbers, fought very successfully with the Fascist Republican Airforce.
In 1935 the Technical Office in Berlin (RLM) issued a specification for a two-three seat multi-purpose communications aircraft to exploit the latest aerodynamic high-lift devices providing short field capability.
The FW 190 was designed by Kurt Tank, technical director of the Focke Wulf Flugzeugbau, and was one of the most successful fighter aircraft of World War II, commencing life powered by a two-row BMW radial engine, final variants being powered by Junkers Jumo in-line engines.
General Hirschauer, the Director of military aviation in France in 1915, sought that the Farman brothers, Henry and Maurice, design an aircraft to replace the MF-7 and MF-11 and they designed it around a cockpit which was ovoid in shape and was suspended between the wings and had a more
The Firefly was designed as a shipboard two-seat fighter and reconnaissance aircraft around the then new Rolls Royce Griffon engine by Herbert Chaplin and the prototype (Z1826) flew for the first time on 22 December 1941.
The Jeep was a single-seat high-wing braced monoplane built to Australian standard ANO95/10 with an enclosed cockpit and a pusher engine designed and produced in small numbers by Leigh Wakeland in the 1980s
The Funk Aircraft Company was formed in 1941 by twin brothers, Joe and Howard Funk, in association with William and K Ray Jenson, taking over the assets of Akron Aircraft Incorporated which was set up at Akron in Ohio for the Funk brothers by local business men in 1937